Welcome to Silicon Valley Fencing Center!
Our mission is to provide the local community with quality instruction and training in the sport of fencing. We offer structured programs and expert coaching at our state of the art fencing facility, and welcome fencers of all ages, levels and expertise. It is our mission to create a safe and friendly environment where all the students feel welcome and are able to fulfill their goals. Our goals are to prepare strong competitive athletes and to create a program for everyone to enjoy fencing for fun, fitness and recreation. We are serving the following communities: Los Altos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, San Jose.
1) Full fencing uniform (including jacket, plastron/underarm protector, fencing pants, mask and glove) must be worn for all bouting. Shorts or sweat pants may be worn during warm-up exercises, games, or lessons, but full kit is required for fencing.
2) Please wear athletic shoes with non-marking soles. Duct tape on shoes is not allowed. To protect our floors, please do not wear fencing shoes outdoors; bring them separately and change into fencing shoes inside the club.
3) Please treat all SVF club equipment with respect. Damage to any SVF club equipment, facility, or fixtures due to negligence is the financial responsibility of the party accountable for the damage.
4) All SVF fees are non-refundable. There is a $25 charge for returned checks.
5) Absences from training up to one week in duration are considered member's responsibility and will be charged. Billing holds are available for longer absences if 15 days advance notice is given. (Exceptions can be made for long-term injury or illness; contact the head coach for details.)
6) Private lesson fees must be paid in advance.
7) Private lessons must be cancelled using our online scheduling system by 10:00 pm the day before the appointment. Lessons not cancelled on time will be charged. Exceptions can be made in case of injury, illness or emergency.
8) Members (excepting NCAA/Collegiate fencers) must represent SVF during all competitions they attend. Please have the SVF club logo patch on your fencing uniform for competitions, and list SVF as your primary competition club with the USFA.
9) During competitions, SVF fencers will not be coached against one another.
10) To preserve the integrity of the coaching program and student - coach relationship, no parent/guardian will try to strip coach their child. Please, refrain from giving any kind of fencing related advice or instruction to your child during a class, private lesson or competition.